Service Provider Arrangements
You can enter into an agreement with a service provider and have them submit and correct your reports. A service provider will also communicate with FINTRAC on your behalf when necessary. The reports that a service provider can submit and correct on a reporting entity’s behalf are:
- Suspicious Transaction Reports(STRs)
- Large Cash Transaction Reports (LCTRs)
- non-SWIFT Electronic Funds Transfer Reports (EFTIs, EFTOs)
- SWIFT Electronic Funds Transfer Reports (EFTSs)
- Casino Disbursement Reports (CDRs)
Reporting entities using a service provider are still responsible for:
- meeting the reporting obligations defined in the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act. This responsibility cannot be delegated.
- maintaining their locations and contacts in F2R.
How is reporting delegated to a service provider?
A reporting entity and their service provider both need to be enrolled with FINTRAC’s F2R system before a reporting entity can delegate their reporting to a service provider.
Contact us to enroll in F2R by:
- sending an email to F2R@fintrac-canafe.gc.ca
- dialing 1-866-346-8722 and pressing <4> after choosing your language
To enroll, you will need to provide:
- your company's legal or business name that you will use for filing
- the main address where your company does business
- the type of reports that you will be filing
- the name of your F2R Administrator
- the name of your F2R Administrator Assistant, if you choose to use this role
As a reporting entity or service provider, your F2R Administrator will receive a username and password for F2R. Your F2R Administrator manages access for your organization’s users. As a reporting entity, your F2R Administrator also maintains information about the locations and contacts that will be used on your reports.
Service providers will receive a service provider number upon their enrollment. A service provider can also receive a service provider number through the F2R Administration menu.
The F2R User Guide provides detailed instructions for both reporting entities and service providers on the steps to register and report.
- Date Modified: